MD, PhD Michał Piotr Wolnicki
Dr Michał Wolnicki jest specjalistą chirurgii dziecięcej oraz urologii dziecięcej. Jest założycielem i członkiem Polskiego Towarzystwa Urologów Dziecięcych, odbył liczne staże zagraniczne i zrealizował wyjazdy stypendialne (Holandia, USA, Szwecja). Od wielu lat jest również konsultantem wojewódzkim w dziedzinie urologii dziecięcej w województwie małopolskim.
*the current dates of doctors’ admissions are available by calling: +48 18 264 40 00
1990–1997 Medical College in Cracow, Faculty of Medicine at the Jagiellonian University (JU)
- Work in a teaching hospital.
- 1 June 2015 – now – Provincial Specialist in pediatric urology, Lesser Poland Voivodeship.
- 2001-2008 – Head of the Urodynamic Laboratory at the Pediatric Urology Clinic (JU).
- 1 March 1995 – 1 June 2016 – Assistant at the Pediatric Urology Clinic (JU).
- 1 October 1991 – 1 March 1995 – Assistant at the Pediatric Urology Clinic (JU).
- Work at the University Children’s Hospital (JU MC) in Cracow.
- 2000 – the title: “pediatric specialist – surgeon,” after passing the exam.
- 2005 – the title: “pediatric specialist – urologist,” after passing the exam.
- 2002 – PhD, MD degree after the defense of the thesis “Laparoscopy in nonpalpable testes syndrome”.
- Internships and Scholarships:
- 1 July 1989 – 31 August 1989 – Internship at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, USA.
- 1 July 1996 – 1 December 1996 – Scholarship: Project Hope Fundation for practice in Johns Hopkins Hospital Brady Buchanan Insitute in Baltimore USA.
- 1 October 2008 – 10 October 2008 – Internship and training in Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm at Paediatric Urology Unit, Sweden.
- 5 November 2016 –12 November 2016 – Internship in Wilhelmina Hospital, Utrecht USC at Paediatric Urology Unit, the Netherlands
Masterclass Karolinska, Sweden 1-2. December 2018.
- 2015 – Prize of the Krakowska Gazeta [Krakowska Newspaper]: Winner in the competition: “Best Specialist in Lesser Poland”.
- Diagnosing and treatment of young patients with diseases of the urinary and genitourinary system.
- The renal, abdominal and testicular ultrasound.
- Preparation of patients, qualification of patients for surgical treatment.
- Full range of surgeries, particularly same-day surgery.
- Clinical management of patients with congenital defects, after surgical treatment.
- Diagnosing and treatment of renal and urinary bladder diseases, neurogenic bladders, disorders of sex development (DSDs), especially congenital defects.
- Nocturnal and diurnal enuresis – diagnosis and treatment and treatment.
- Special attention is paid to the patient comfort, all activities are carried out in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Phimosis – a full range of operations, including preputioplasty (a plastic surgery widening the prepuce), circumcision, age – any.
- Cryptorchidism / cryptorchismus – the testis is brought into the scrotum in a same-day surgery, age – from 9 months of age.
- Hernia in boys and girls / hernia – same-day surgeries with the use of plastic sutures, age – after 3 months of age.
- Hydrocoele testis – plastic surgery for the hydrocoele with testicular protection and possible testicular fixation, age – any.
- Hypospadias – plastic surgery of any type of hypospadias, also in a same-day surgery with special attention paid to a single-stage procedure, appearance and function of the penis, with the prepuce left or removed, recommended age – 9 months – 24 months, after 4 years of age.
- Buried penis/ penile defects – release and exposure of the penis, age – any.
- Scars, nodules, naevi – removal of skin lesions under regional and general anaesthesia and their subsequent histopathology. removal of other skin lesions, sebaceous cysts, warts, age – any.
- Endoscopic injection of ureteric orifices – endoscopic injection of the ureteric orifices with dextranomer / hyaluronic acid (deflux®), used for the treatment of the vesicoureteral reflux, recommended age – after 2 years of age.
- Cystoscopy – diagnostic and therapeutic.
- Laparoscopy – treatment of abdominal testes, varicocele and others.